The digital marketing industry is constantly evolving, and it can be hard to keep track of all the changes. But when you’re looking for a new job or project, you mustn’t know only the current trends but what they could become in the near future. In this article, we’ll explore some of those trends and examine some examples of companies that have already started using them successfully (or not).
We’ll also discuss how now might be the best time to enter the digital marketing space as an individual creator and why every marketer should be excited about that possibility.
What is the next big thing in digital marketing?
The next big thing in digital marketing will likely be predictive or AI-enabled marketing. This technology will use data to provide personalized experiences and build customer relationships on a deeper level, allowing marketers to hone in on the interests and behaviors of their target customers more than ever before.
Voice Search SEO
Voice search is the next big thing in digital marketing. Voice search is more natural and conversational, so it’s easier for people to use. It’s also more accurate than text search, which makes it a better option for finding what you want on your phone or smart speaker. And because voice search leads people directly to what they want, it’s more likely to lead them to make a purchase (or conversion).
Voice search SEO helps small and medium-sized businesses improve the local SEO visibility of their websites. By optimizing web content for voice search, businesses stand a better chance of appearing in the results of voice searches for local services.
Google’s featured snippets are prominently featured when users search with their voice. Optimizing web content for voice search also increases the likelihood of appearing in these coveted positions.
By rewriting and optimizing web content for voice search, businesses can strengthen the overall quality of their content, making it more user-friendly and relevant to the voice search query.
By creating content with the end-user experience in mind, businesses stand to gain more visits and increased customer loyalty when their websites appear in voice search results.
Research has shown that mobile optimization significantly impacts voice search rankings, making mobile optimization tactics a fundamental part of any successful voice search SEO strategy.
Social Media Marketing
Social media has become a powerful marketing tool for many businesses, and it’s easy to see why. Social media allows you to connect with your customers in real-time, share content and updates on the fly, and get valuable feedback from your community. Whether you’re looking to grow your fan base or simply reach more people interested in your product or service, social media can help you do that. It may even help you find new leads!
Here are some great tips for using social media:
- Post regularly – This is important for maintaining an engaged community of followers. Without consistent activity, your followers will slowly become inactive and disengaged from your page.
- Use visuals – Images and videos are much more engaging than plain text posts. Consider using infographics and other visuals to break up large blocks of text.
- Incorporate calls to action – Ask your followers to take action by making a purchase, signing up for more information, etc. This helps you build relationships with current and potential customers.
- Offer incentives – Consider running exclusive promotions and giveaways on social media. This is a great way to drive engagement and loyalty from followers.
- Respond to comments and messages – Engaging directly with your followers helps build relationships and create an engaged community. Take the time to reply to comments and messages to strengthen your connection with your audience.
- Monitor analytics – Use free and paid analytics tools to get insights into your audience and content engagement. This can help you determine what works and what doesn’t regarding your social media marketing.
Visual search is a new way to find products online. It’s the process of using image recognition technology to find products online. The idea behind visual search is that it makes shopping easier by showing you what you’re looking at. For example, if you want a pair of cowboy boots but aren’t sure which ones are right for your style, a visual search can help identify similar items and tell you more about them.
Visual search has become so popular that it’s one of the best tools available for ecommerce shops and brands looking to increase their sales through product discovery.
Blockchain advertising is a decentralized ledger technology. With blockchain, all parties involved in the transaction including advertisers, publishers and consumers. They have access to an immutable record of all the transactions that have occurred to settle accounts fairly and safely. Advertisers can be sure that real people see their ads. Publishers are guaranteed payment for their services, and consumers can prove they saw an ad if they decide to interact with it.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the next big thing in digital marketing. It has been around for decades, but only recently have we seen an explosion of interest in technology. This is due to several factors:
- Automated Tasks: AI can automate customer service, data entry, complex calculations, etc., saving time and money.
- Personalization: Artificial intelligence can create more personalized content, such as serving ads and recommendations to users based on their preferences, interests and behavior.
- Enhanced Accuracy: AI’s ability to analyze data more accurately than humans make it suitable to use in many different situations, from medical diagnostics to financial fraud detection.
- Increased Efficiency: AI-powered applications can work at a much higher speed and efficiency than humans, freeing humans up to focus on more creative tasks.
- Improved Decision Making: AI-powered applications can process large amounts of data to provide insights into decision-making, allowing for better and faster decision-making.
With the rise in popularity of social media, there is a new way to market your business and products. This method is called video marketing.
This form of digital marketing has taken the world by storm due to its ability to engage customers, educate customers, promote brands and generate leads.
Video marketing can be used for anything from lead generation to sales. The possibilities are endless with this powerful tool in your arsenal!
Micro-moments are the moments of high intent when consumers actively seek information about a specific need, want or desire. They occur when consumers are ready to act and seek answers to their questions.
At these moments, there is an opportunity for brands to provide answers that will satisfy customer needs and drive purchase decisions. Brands can connect with customers during these critical points in their journey by understanding what they care about most at each stage of the buying process: from search through post-purchase.
Uses of Micro-Moments in digital marketing:
- Responding to customer needs in real-time: Micro-moments provide opportunities to quickly and effectively address customer needs in real-time. This can help build brand trust and loyalty as customers recognize they can rely on the brand to solve their problems.
- Increasing brand visibility: Micro-moments allow marketers to show their products and services to the right audiences at the right time. Strategic use of these moments can provide potential customers with the right message at the right time, increasing the chances of conversions.
- Generating and nurturing leads: Micro-moments can be used to generate and nurture leads as well. For example, providing valuable content during a micro-moment can help engage potential customers and get them to subscribe and become leads.
- Personalizing customer experiences: Using micro-moments to create personalized experiences can immensely benefit businesses in increasing customer retention and loyalty. Customers expect brands to provide relevant and personalized experiences and micro-moments are the perfect opportunities for marketers to do this.
- Boosting sales: Micro-moments provide marketers with a great opportunity to drive sales and conversions. Strategically placed advertisements during these moments can help potential customers take action and boost sales.
Mobile marketing is the future. It’s easier to reach your customers when they’re on their phones and tablets, and we all know that mobile usage will only increase in the coming years.
With so many people using their phones to stream videos and browse online stores, marketers must ensure their content is optimized for mobile devices. As we’ve seen recently with Facebook’s algorithm changes, sites that don’t load quickly enough will be penalized by the search engines. Since most people check out new websites on their phone first (usually before visiting them on a desktop), this affects rankings too!
You can also use tools like Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to measure how much traffic you get from mobile devices versus desktop computers. This will help you learn what content your audience prefers reading on either platform while giving ideas about which topics may resonate more with one group over another.
Social media is a powerful tool for reaching your audience. The more interactions you have with them, the better your chance of establishing a relationship. This can help build trust and loyalty with customers, leading to increased brand awareness and sales in the long term.
Social media marketing is also an effective way to reach new markets because it gives you access to people who are not already familiar with your business or products. Suppose you’re trying to reach an audience in another country. In that case, social media can help make that happen because it’s easier than ever before for anyone around the world (even if they don’t speak English) to access sites like Facebook or Twitter, where they can see what others are saying about businesses like yours – especially if those opinions are positive ones!
Undoubtedly, the digital marketing industry has changed dramatically over the past few years. Social media and mobile devices have completely transformed how we consume media, engage with brands, and interact with each other. This year will see many more innovations in this space, so stay tuned for more insights on what’s next from us at Google!